Cosmovitral: Mexico’s Amazing Stained Glass Botanical Garden
Stained glass is invariably associated with place of worship. Yet the lucky residents of the Mexican city of Toluca have a wonderful botanical garden replete with a host of incredibly stained glass windows. As well as being a superb display of plants and art together, it is a tour de force in what to do with a building once it outlives its original purpose.
No one ever said this couldn’t be a place of worship or contemplation. It’s gorgeous.
what a dream
Mexico’s ski racing uniform wins the Olympics.
As soon as I saw him I knew I had to know more about him. Besides having the best uniform, Hubertus von Hohenlohe, Mexico’s only athlete at the Winter Olympics, turns out he’s quite a character full of surprises.
- He’s a 55 year old German prince whose grandfather, Kaiser Franz II, was the last Holy Roman emperor. He was born in Mexico, that’s why he can represent the country
- He is fluent in five languages
- An artist himself, he friended Andy Warhol at Studio 54
- He is the heir to an automobile fortune. His father introduced Volkswagen into Mexico
- He is a musician who has put out eight records so far, including this 2013 track “Higher Than Mars”
- He will be the second-oldest winter Olympian in history when he hits the Sochi slopes in his mariachi-inspired uniform.
you are forgetting the best parts.
musician? try pop star who goes by the names Royal Disaster and Andy Himalaya
artist? he’s a photographer who once had an exhibit titled “It’s Me!” Guess what it was about…
and he was born in Mexico because his family “always wanted to have one member of the family [who was]Mexican,” he says. “So they chose that I was going to be born in Mexico.”
lookit this BAMF
Day Of The Dead 2012
The largest public protests, rallies and demonstrations that the world has ever seen are happening right now - with almost no media coverage. Not only is there a blackout on these events in the media, but youtube is frequently removing footage of these mass rallies and events when requested to do so by governments: ‘Google, the owner of You Tube, has complied with the majority of requests from governments, particularly in the United States and the UK, not only to remove You Tube videos, but also specific web search terms and thousands of “data requests,” meaning demands for information that would reveal the true identity of a You Tube user.’ These events are truly inspiring and should be front page news! Yet mainstream media is working with governments to keep people uninformed and disempowered.